About Honey Gentry
My mind isn’t always clear, in fact it’s rarely clear at all. I was born and raised in North London and spent most of my childhood with my head either in a cloud or in front of the television and, as I coasted towards my early teens, with earphones on my head. Music is my first love. Music had captivated my spirit before my spirit was tainted by the messages, pains and pressures of “real life”. It transports me to a place of dreaming, of magic and manifestation, of transformation. I suspect you feel the same. I know this is a place that exists for many of us and that’s why music is so magical. This is the place I journey to when I want to write. I love writing lyrics, but I’m a slow writer. I take comfort in the fact that so was Leonard Cohen. In fact, we almost share a birthday. I can’t swim, I can’t dance, and don’t know karate.
Quick (Not so Interesting) Facts
- I’m a filmmaking graduate. I once wrote a screenplay about Priscilla Presley and make my own videos.
- Everything is home recorded. Home made. Handmade.
- I was born in the same hospital as Amy Winehouse (not at the same time)
- Virgo sun, Taurus moon, Aries ascendant. Passionate about astrology. Ask me about my teenage years spent learning from Psychics and the summer my mum spent learning Psychometry.
- First concert I ever attended was Steps. That’s all I’m going to say about my age.
Quick Press Links
- “The lead single from her upcoming EP is the deliciously stirring ‘Golden Heart’, accompanied with a lyric video showcasing the 70s Americana imagery that protrudes Honey’s mind – premiering exclusively on thnksfrthrvw.”
Exclusive – Stream Honey Gentry’s Golden Heart on Thnksfrthrvw | February 2017
- “[Honey Gentry] excels at writing late-night, staring at the ceiling, existential lyrics to which anyone can relate. She rips away at the surface until the emotional resonance is all that remains.”
Honey Gentry – Heaven, California | Music.Defined
- “‘Golden Heart’ is the first proper offering from Honey Gentry, and from its first dark, shimmering chord, this cinematic creation envelopes you. Her shimmering vocals sit between layers of 50’s guitars, simple drums and atmospheric piano stabs, sounding like a Bond theme from the 70’s. It’s both soft and hard, simple yet complex, and is an astoundingly fleshed out sound from the young artist.”
Bristol Live Magazine – Tracks of the Week (52)
- Not quite press but – Tumblr’s curated “Music” page shared Bleed, Honey with the Tumblr community and boosted the tracks to over 20,000 hits.
- See what the kids are saying about Honey Gentry on Lanaboards.
- See what the kids are saying on Reddit…
- Hang out with us on Instagram
Watch the Videos
Stream the Music
Lyrics and music written by Honey Gentry
All instrumentation & Production by Ruben Elbrond-Palmer